Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 3200 "automatic drive assignment failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

porress

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
GB
I have tried to reconfigure my library and it cant see the drive in the library.

I have tried to restart both of them, and them try the Device Configuration but it gives the same error over and over "automatic drive assignment failed".

Any ideas?

If it's a single drive library/autoloader just manually assign it - it won't matter. Else, ensure serialisation is enabled on the library (ie each drive/robot reports it's serial number when inquiried).

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest 109 for the medium changer. I have restarted the server, and then scan for hardware changes and i noticed that the TAPE DRIVERS- sony sdx 700v wasnt there as i was supposed to, but the SONY lib-81 was there in device manager. I scan again for hardware changes right-clicking on the SCSI card this time and suddenly appearded. Then i run device config in ArcServe and i was running again...!!

Sort it!

Thank you for your help anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back