Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2k, Tape slot hung on "updating"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mepperson

Technical User
May 31, 2002
US
I have various slots in Arcserve 2K that continually show that they are updating. The backup device is a compaq msl5026sl, 25 tape library. Arcserve is running on a compaq box with NT4.

The problem really just started to occur within the past few weeks. I have pruned the DB, erased, dimounted, mounted, and even inventoried the slots that are showing the problem, and nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
mike

I had the same problem with a dell poweredge 128t. I had to reinstall arcserve to get the tape to mount correctly again. I also tried upgrading the SP first (3) Didnt work. Oh by the way dell tech support is horrible! =)

Check you NT event logs and see if there are any errors on your scsi driver reporting an error. You may need to reinstall the drivers from compaq NTSSD' for you scsi adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back