Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 2000 with Dell PowerVault 122T backup tape drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongtz

Technical User
May 19, 2003
MY
Currently our company is using the ARCserve 2000 (installed SP4) and Dell PowerVault 122T backup tape drive as a storage backup device. MY problem is : -

This Dell PowerVault 122T backup tape drive can insert 8 backup tapes at the same time. After I do the calibration and detecting on the 8 backup tape, the ARCserve 2000 only managed to show one backup tape. Any setting i need to set in the ARCserve?

This a normal behavoiur since you have only one drive you will be able to run only one job regardless of the number of slot you are having.

Does ArcServe see your device correctly? Under device manager, expand the scsi adapter that your 122t is attached to. It should say Dell PV122T or something like that. Highlighting the device should show you all of your slots. My server correcly identifies our PV132T and shows all 20 slots. If it does not see it, there is a new device support update available at the following link:

You have to install service pack 5 before you install this device patch which can be obtained from the same place. **NOTE** If you install service pack 5 on your ArcServe Server, you have to install service pack 5 on all the machines that have a client agent as well per the release notes. All of my client agent SP5 upgrades asked for a reboot. After you install the device patch, run the device configuration wizard again to correctly identify your PV122T

Hi Kowboy,

For you information. My ARCserve Server is running Windows NT Server.

bongtz,

Kowboy is talking about ARCserve SP5, not NT 4.0. Did you even look at the link he provided? Those updates have all the fixes as well as the enhancements in them so the first thing to check is that you are up to date.

davidmichel,

The link that Cowboy provided is longer available

Channel customers go to esupport.ca.com and registry.
Enterprise customers go to supportconnect.ca.com and register.

The downloads are only available once you login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back