Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 2000: Will Not Back Up all Registry Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2002
US
I have this product and have it up to SP 3. I am backing up both Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 machines.

The backup scripts, which are custom created, (not done through the Wizard), appear to be identical in configuration as each other.

I have all drives and the Registry Files clicked on to be backed up. All of my W2K machines backup the registry files. Only a handful of the Windows NT 4.0 machines back these up. I have created screen dumps and have compared the two and do not find a difference.

Any help will be appreciated as usual.
Thanks

First, in ARCserve Server Manager, select "backup registry key details when entire node selected." If that doesn't fix, go to the registry on the NT4 clients: client agent\parameter add or modify the registry key BackUpRegistryAsVal to 1. If that doesn't fix the problem, try applying QO15557 which addresses this specifically. If that still doesn't work or stops working, (it worked for a short time for me,) then expand each NT4 agent, deselect and re-select a directory. This sets the box for the agent to only half selected and forces the registry to back up.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back