Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 throughput problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENRG

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2001
NO
Hi,

I'm running Arcserve 2000 on a Windows NT 4 Server SP6, hooked up to a StorageTek L40.

Arcserve 2000 is patched with the latest of everything.

The problem is that I achieve very different throughput here.

The network here is 100mBit to all users, 1000mBits between switches, and 2500mBits backbone.

When I test here during daytime, using agents, when there's a lot of traffic on the netwotk, I get good throughput, varying from 250MB/min to 600MB/min.

But when I schedule a job during the night, the throughput drops like a rock! Throughput between 2MB/min and 8MB/min.

I have had the supplier here severalt times, but no matter what we do (reinstall, changed NICs etc), the same results come up during night and weekend jobs. I have set the speed on the servers and the switches to 100MB Full duplex, but it didn't result in any better throughput (they were all sat to auto before i changed them).

What can this be? Anyone here who have experienced something like this?

Regards,
Einar Asting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back