Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 restore problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndouglass

MIS
Aug 2, 2001
GB
When attempting to retore data from a tape backed up with Arcserve 2000 on Windows 2000 Server there appears to be no information shown for the tape.

Upon insertion of the tape into a Windows NT Server running Arcserve 2000 the Tape header information appears and you can successfully restore any files.

Why am I not able to browse through the tape structure on Arcserve2000/Win2000 ??

Neil

Are you merging the tape ?
Do you have SP2 for Arcserve2K installed ?
What is th SP level of the Win2K box ?
James.Horvath@truedatasan.com
True Data Storage Networks., Inc.
CA Storage Solutions Provider
StorageTek Authorized Dealer

Yes, Service Pack 2 for Arcserve 2000 is installed as is Service Pack 2 for Windows 2000.

I'm trying to restore from a Session and there is no information for files & folders n the right hand window. It looks like there is nothing being written to the Database, I'm going to check the configuration of the Backup Jobs to ensure that it's not just logging Volume info.

I'll also check the Database, any hints on what to look for ??

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back