Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Job Restarts/Reschedules Itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0llyR0ger

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
US
Greetings. I'm trying to get my backup jobs running properly on Arcserve 2000 SP3 on a Windows 2000 Machine but have hit another snag.

My backup job includes backing up files through the client agent as well as backing up an Exchange server using the Exchangeg agent.

My problem is that about 2 hours into a job, the job will restart itself and start backing up from the beginning. It will do this several times over and over until it runs out of space on the tapes, then it cancels itself. Here's what I see in the Activity Log:

The job will be running fine for 2 hours or so, then I see this in the activity log:
Run Backup Job Scheduled for: 03/20/02 at 7:00PM

After that line, it starts itself over again. I'm suspecious it's related to the Exchange agent because I ran a job last night and skipped our Exchange server and it ran ok, but I can't confirm this.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? Does anyone have a solution or something I could try to fix it?

Thanks for you help,
Drew

Are you sure that the time on the exchange server is correct? Are all time zones and locales correct?

just a thought, oh and can you confimr if it is the exchange agent or not causing the problem?

thanks,

g

i don't use arcserve w/ exchange, but i have seen this behavior w/ arcserve in my backups. computer associates will tell you it is because the job script has become corrupt. simply create a new job script w/o using or importing and of the elements of the former job script and things will work again. it has for me.

How do I create a new job script? Is it as simple as creating a new job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back