Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Job Queue Error (1726)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvie99

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
DE
If I try to add a Job from Arcserve Manager (Remote) i get the following Message: Arcserve Job Queue Error (1726).
The job wasn't added and the service "Arcserve Message Engine" on Arcserve Server is stopped.

Could someone help me?

The 1726 is from windows. It means "The remote procedure call failed." You can go to a command prompt and type "net helpmsg 1726" to see this. It seems like you cannot get to the 00000001.qsd folder on the ARCserve server (that is the job queue). Start the message engine and try again. If you get the same error, see if the message engine is still running. If it is not it may be "silently" Dr. Watsoning, you can check the drwtsn32.log file for that. If it is something screwy is going on and you may need to contact CA's support to see what is going on. If it is running, make sure the user you are logged in as can make a connection to the remote drive and can get into the 00000001.qsd folder.

Good Luck.

Make sure that both systems are at the same code level. Any update installed for the Manager on the server must be installed on the remote system also.

Thanks for help, but it doesn't help. I have full rights to the 00000001.qsd folder. I just founded out, that i have the problem with a special job. Other job's are no problem. I think, I have to make a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back