Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Exchange 5.5 restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

exchadm

Technical User
May 8, 2002
US
Exchange environment with 32 gig priv and 13 gig pub
Windows 2000 adv server; exchange 5.5 sp3 (same with sp4)
when doing online nt backup restore works fine
However with arcserve 2000 exchange online backup the files seem to restore fine but the IS will not start. Looking on MS knowledge base the articles relate to the is being inconsistant. As i understand it all online backups are inconsistant, the combination of the logs and priv.pat and pub.pat resolve the matter.
i think there may be a problem with the logs but im not 100% sure what. I read the the edb.log should not be backed up with an online backup (but in my case it is) in which case the edb.log is hardcoded with the location of the rest of the logfiles, the logfiles are in a different location on the restore server than the ones on the live server but all database paths in the properties of the restore server point to where they should. Can any shed some light on what may be going wrong, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back