Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

arcserve 2000/exchange 2000 brick level hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallst32

MIS
Apr 14, 2003
US
I take a weekly Exchange 2000 brick level backup in addtion to daily backups of the IS. The brick levels have been running fine for quite some time. But for the past two weeks the job would start and just hang forever on "calculating session", so I would have to stop the job. There aren't any errors since the job did not close itself. I applied a patch to this 6-8 months ago that had to do with an "error logging into mailbox" error, and it had been working perfect up until now.

Any ideas?

Brick Levels are difficult to carry out.

I had the same problem in our Exchange Cluster with windows 2000 two times.
The first time the problem only happened in one node so we moved the cluster and opened a HW ticket with our supllier.
In the other node of the cluster brick level backup worked well.
The second time was due to exchange database corruption in some mailboxes and the ARC hanged on.
We had to use eseutil.

Has your IS database grown too much lately ?

Best regards,

I figured out the problem. I modified the existing job (which has not changed any time recently), and noticed that when you expanded the Exchange server there were 2 different folders labled "mailboxes". One of them was selected, but if you tried to expand it you would get nothing. If I expanded the other "mailboxes" folder, it would show all the mailboxes. One I switched over to the second one, everything worked fine. I have no idea where the empty one came from or why there are two now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back