Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Disaster Recovery fails to find NIC drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAPixley

Technical User
May 6, 2004
US
I inherited supporting a system with Arcserve 2000 on a W2K Server Advanced system. As far as I can tell, we are at SP2. Upgrading to the current version of Arcserve is not an option which I have, but I might be able to swing a different service pack past the platform acceptance folks if I can convince them it would make a difference. Also, I'm not sure that it matters but this system is the passive agent in a cluster with automatic failover.

I am trying to perform a disaster recovery using a bootable CD and machine specific floppy. The system I am trying to restore is a Dell PowerEdge 2650 running W2K Server with dual Broadcom NetXtreme BCM57xx Gigabit Ethernet Adapters.

Everything goes fine until I get to the NIC section. When I am asked to choose a NIC driver, Broadcom does not show up in the list of options. If I click on [Have Disk...] and select the correct drivers from a floppy, I am returned to the screen where I need to select the driver that matches my hardware. The problem is that there are no choices to select. If I click [Next], nothing happens because no select was made. If I click [Back], I get a popup telling me the system needs to reboot. After the reboot, there is a popup that says the restore failed.

If, instead, I try to continue without installing a NIC driver, the restore still fails to proceed.

I tried getting older versions of the drivers, optimized versions from Dell, etc. No matter what I try, the Disaster Recovery fails to recognize the NIC drivers.

Has anyone heard of something like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

does the machine specific disk contain the NIC driver?

If yes but failed, I guess that driver does not work under mini-win2000 env.

if you do want to recover this machine, I think you may have a trial of replacing the NIC and modifying the machine specific disk files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back