Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Backup Job Hangs Every Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonorad1

Vendor
May 21, 2003
US
Running Arcserve 2000 with Sp4 and the Open File Agent.

The first day that it was installed, everything worked fine. The second day however, when I start a custom backup, the job hangs 1 minute after clicking start. It does not generate any errors in any log (Arcserve or Event Viewer). I also can not stop the job. I go through the procedure of stopping all the engines, renaming the QSD folder and rebooting. I get the same results when I try to start another job.

I have already reinstalled countless times. I have tried running the jobs with only SP3 applied. At that level, the first day is successful, however, on the second day, the jobs end with a "Last Result" of "Crashed".

I am running a Compaq DL380 G2. It is one of a pair of Clustered servers. Each server has a local tape drive and it's own version of Arcserve. This problem exists on the other server as well. I have already talked with Compaq and have updated all my tape drivers/firmware. I had Compaq walk me through their utilities to determine if there was an issue with the hardware, which there isn't.

I have replaced all my Arcserve databases with new ones and that has not worked either.

Any Suggestions?

Hi
Try to apply Arcserve sp4

regards,
mohamdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back