Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServe 2000 backing up Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcpis

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
US
We're running ARCServe 2000 on an NT 4.0 sp6a box. Our exchange brick-level backup is running so slowly (less than 2 MB/min) and we keep getting error E8602. I loaded the SP3 for ARCServe 2000 and Qo06202 which is supposed to fix the brick level issues. We are also running NAV 2.1 for exchange on the exchange server. The service for ARCServe on exchange is set to log on as the system account and interact with desktop. I also tried stopping the NAV service and then starting a backup but the throughput didn't change. The service on exchange for ARCServe keeps stopping as well. When this happens, then the backup fails all together. Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I think that I may have corrected my problem. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Agent for Exchange. Then I went to CA support site and looked for all the SP's for the exchange agent. There were two: LO94975 and QO06262. I decided to do both. With the first service pack there's a file called AGUIEXC.DLL. Turns out I was missing this file totally. Then I did the second service pack. Now my throughput is at 30MB/min. Still not the best but better than 2MB/min.

I hope your updating ARCServe2000 with sp3 as well as the exchange agent. Remember it must all me at consistent levels.

ARCserve 2000 + Sp3

Exchange agent + Sp3 + qo06202.caz

hope this helps,

guru

Guru-
The server was already at SP3 and the error messages are back! I'm so frustrated! I've done dbcheck on all databases. No errors were found. Any clue?

Respectfully,
Frustrated RCPIS

You say it was at sp3, but did you apply sp3 to exchange agent and then apply qo06202? Sorry, but you weren't clear as to where you were up to in your patch uppdates.

thanks

guru

I have the same problem. I installed:

ARCserve 2000 + Sp3

Exchange agent + Sp3 + qo06202.caz

NAV for exchange in MAPI Mode.

and still have the same problem.

I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling the exchange agent and then adding LO94975 and QO06262 again. Now it works again until the wind decides to change direction.

hahaha, your funny rcpis :)

calalo, have you tried reinstalling and reupdating as per rcpis?

guru

We had this problem and one of the tests that we did was to disable the NAV for exchange service on the Exchange Server. It worked in that the mailboxes are now backing up. There are a few other issues still but its something worth trying.

Regards,

Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back