Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 and Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnychiba

Technical User
Apr 5, 2002
US
Thanks for all that take time to read my questions!

I have a couple questions regarding Arcserve as I am new to this software.

First off, when installing Arcserve on a Windows 2000 Machine, does Arcserve install its own drivers for the tape drives and robotics, or do we use the windows drivers?

Somebody told me that I should disable removable storage in device manager, as well as disable the library and medium changer, is this true?

Is it normal for the tape drive not to show under tape devices in Device Manger(2k)?

Again, thank you.

I think you should be using the Arcserve drivers. Make sure you have the latest sp and device patch from their site. I also have heard that using the windows driver for the drive can cause problems.

All equipment must be seen properly in the Windows environment before installing ARCserve. Then disable medium changers and tape drives. ARCserve indeed uses its own drivers to control the hardware. This should not conflict with any Windows drivers.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back