Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 2000 and brick level backup?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchetal

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2001
CA
Hi,
We have a server which is running Exchange 5.5 and ArcServe 2000. We have configured ArcServe to do a Full Backup of this server.
However when I check the Activity log, I find a message which says:
Bricks level unavailable in full system backups.
As as result of this the MS Exchange brick level backup does not take place. We do have the Exchange agent for ArcServe up and running on this machine.
Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

this is coz you are backing up mailboxes when you backup the databases. Bricks level backup is slow as hell in a full backup because if you don't already know the reason why you need a mapi 4.0 compliant email client installed. Bricks level connects to the mailbox though the mail client and then backs up the contents, then it disconnects from the mailbox and then connects to the next one, and so on... As you can guess, this could take a while.

Try reading the manual and the readme.wri.....

I have exactly the same problem, and I am at a loss. Sometimes the brick levels work and sometimes they don't. I get the same message now for a few days - Brick level not available in full system backup (but it's not an error message which distrubs me).

What did you do to solve this problem?

The support for this product really is lacking.

I am very frustrated in PA!!!!

I have some diferent problem. I have exchange 5.5 running on Win2000 member server and i have arcserve 2000. I installed backup agent for exchange on member server but it won't run, won't start services for backup agent RPS server and verification service, error says access is denied,

I create dbagent on domain and gave following rights,

Domain admin
Administrators
Backup Ops
Domain Users

Advanced user rights of:
Log on locally
Log on as a service
Act as a part of the operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search