Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServe 2000 Agent install on Quantum Guardian 4400

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjr593

Technical User
Mar 27, 2003
GB
Has anyone succesfully installed the ARCServe 2000 agent on a Quantum Guardian 4400?

I followed their admin guide, using putty to connect using SSH, but after entering command ./uagentsetup, i get wrong agent installed. To be honest the admin guide didn't even tell me which agent to install, so i installed the linux version.

Any idea's?

mjr593

The probelm is the ARCServe CD has the wrong agent on it.

Need to contact CA and get the correct agent.
If they do not cooperate let us know.

-- Lon Feldman lfeldman@snapappliance.com
-- SNAP Engineer

ARCserve have now replied to my requests, strongly advising me not to install an ARCserver agent on the NAS server.

Any further idea's?

First CA is incorrect. I think they are getting the Guardian OS mixed up with the SNAPOS. You can install the ArcServe agent, you just need to get it. It is called Linux.tar.Z.

Here are the steps you should do.

1: Copy the Linux.tar.Z to the Guardian via mapped drive.

2: ssh into Guardian.

3: cd to /shares/SHARE1 (I used the default share)

4: Created a dir called CA.

5: mv Linux.tar.Z CA/

6: cd CA/

7: tar -zxvf Linux.tar.Z

8: cd /opt. If /opt does not exist mkdir /opt. ** Steps 8 and 9 are not required, I just add them so all of the apps are together. In version 2.2 CA Antivirus is built in. **

9: ln -s /apps/ca CA

10: cd /shares/SHARE1/CA

11: rpm --nodeps -Uvh *.rpm

12: cd /apps/ca/uagent ** If you skipped steps 8 and 9 then cd /opt/CA/uagent.

13: sh uagentsetup

14: Run ArcServe 2000 from Windows.

15: Add the UnixAgent by hand.

16: When backing up the Guardian, all you need to backup is /shares/SHARE_NAME. It is recommended to have a top level share for each Volume that you have. i.e. SHARE1 for all of VOL0. Then you backup only the top level shares. If you backup /shares instead, when you try to restore to original location you might overwrite the root file system in a Disaster Recovery Procedure.

I setup and ran a quick backup and restore to new destination on the Guardian a few minutes ago without any hitch.

Hopefully this should get you going.

-- Lon Feldman
Sr. Qa Engineer SNAP Appliance
lfeldman@snapappliance.com
408-605-8170
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back