Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 12.5 loads folder list really slow when restoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
Hi All

We have ArcServe 11.5 SP3 (build 4408) running on Windows 2003 SP2 file server. All our user home folders are stored in one partition and sub-divided into two folders based on their last name. I wanted to restore a file for one user, so went to restore by session. However, it's taking absolutely ages to load the list of folders ... it's been loading them for 10 minutes now and it's not even 50% done !!

Has anybody come across this behaviour before ? I've used 11.1 before and never had any issues. I don't recall if I've ever done a restore on 11.5 before though

Anybody have any ideas ?

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Irish Poetry and Short Stories - Doghouse Books
Garten und Landschaftsbau

I use 11.5 sp4, and have a similar folder situation, but not the same problem until I merge a session. On active sessions (I mean not pruned) the folder view is quite fast.
Maybe you tried do restore a session during a db-prune activity ? this could impact the performance in this way.

It's a raima or an sql db ?

The "problem",maybe,is the db, it's configuration. I use a sql server, optimized for speed. Dedicated -fast- machine, only one instance (the bab db) data and logs on separated disks.With this configuration almost all operations works in an acceptable way.

If you use an sql db look in the event viewer, maybe you could find message like "The instance of the SQL Server Database Engine cannot obtain a LOCK resource at this time", in this case you need an sql optimization.

if you use raima vldb compact it (be careful, it's a very time consuming task) and check it for errors.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back