Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServe 11 Updates and NIC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2003
GB
Does anybody know where i can find the updates for ArcServe 11.1 ?

Also, i want to use more than one Network Card in my backup server to prevent the data bottlenecking. What is the best way to do this? Is there some software that will take 4 network cards and and use all 4 as 1 connection to the network?

"Experience is the result of failure

Well I guess there aren't any updates yet to r11.1

About your other question... it depends what kind/brands of NICs and Servers you have. But I've done that myself. The NIC drivers of Proliant server do support NIC-Teaming in different flavours.
But when you're talking about your backup server I think you meen you want to prevent a bottleneck with incoming data.
In that case you also need support in the switch which is connected to your server since that way it will be handling load-balancing over two or more ports.

Go search for information about Cisco FastEtherChannel (FEC) or the Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP, 802.3ad)

good luck

Hi,
BAB 11.1 has it's own support page that is different from the one to 11.0!! There are 3 updates available for 11.1 at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back