Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 11.5 agent cannot be installed on the current 64-bit OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaJuHe

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
FI
Hello,

we have BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.5 SP3 (Build 4402) installed on a Windows 2003 32-bit backup host server.

I know the current BAB version is old and will be upgraded soon but so far everything has worked perfect.

Until now when we have to backup a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit server in the network.

I can backup the 64-bit server without a problem without a Client Agent but it takes way too long without the agent which is understandable.

Now when i try to install a ARCserve r11.5 SP3 Windows Client Agent to this 64-bit server i receive the message:

"BrightStor ARCserve Backup cannot be installed on the current operating system.
Please choose another operating system for it."

I assume this message is because 32-bit ARCserve r11.5 SP3 Windows Client Agent cannot be installed on a 64-bit server.

Is there any way i could possibly get this 64-bit server backed up by using an agent and our current ARCserve Backup r11.5 SP3 Windows 2003 32-bit backup host server at least temporarily?

As a one solution I was thinking eg.about trying to use the CA ARCserve Backup r15 agent 30 day evaluation in combination with our current r11.5 but not sure if that is going to work.

I only need a solution for the next month or so since we have to upgrade r11.5 -> r15 within the next month so all ideas are appreciated.

Thanks for the good idea which was definitely worth trying.

I just tried installing the r11.5 sp4 with the following result when trying to install
"Client Agent for x64-bit Windows":

"Client Agent for x64-bit Windows cannot be installed on the current operating system."

I guess the reason might be that Windows 2008 R2 64-bit might not be a supported os since Windows 2008 is not mentioned in the matrix.

I'll try to solve the case for now by making a filecopy from disc to disc which will be fast enough and then backing up that another disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back