Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserv6.61 exchange agent use in exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry120

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2001
HK
Dear all,

I have ARCserveIT 6.61 Backup Agent for Microsoft Exchange for Win NT. Can i use it in Exchange 2000 server ?

Thanks

No, but for a number of countries the upgrade is free of charge. If it is you have to get yourself the latest software ( a trial CD will do ) and contact CA's license desks for a valid license.

regards

Hi cyklops,

I have patch build 897 used on W2k have work, but the exchange agent is Arcserv6.61 used on exchange 2k, now I want to backup the exchange 2k by remote tape, how can i do ?

Thanks

This will not work. Only the ARCserve 2000 Exchange Agent is capable of backing up Exchange 2000. You will have to upgrade both your ARCserve 6.61 base product and the exchange agent to get this working

regards

Cyklops,

Isn't this only the case when pure 2000 SQL databases are being backed up? I have SQL 2000 databases with SQL v7 compatibility mode backing up using the 6.61 agent.

I'm almost certain I have...

Kind Regards,

Urban

Well, according to CA's information it cannot be done ( ARCserve 2000 options and agents are not backwards compatible and 6.61 SQL agents don't officially support SQL 2000). But..you can always try and see what happens. Just be sure that what you backup is the right data and you are able to restore properly. I never tried this one myself.

regards

With this 6.61 agent you can't backup exchange 2000. But can you backup exchange 5.5 whit this agent on ARCserve 2000 (build 1018)? %-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back