Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

arcserv backup novell to w2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarsatai

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2003
DE
hello
I have the following problem. I have to get data from a old novell system. I have only the backup tapes . I am using arcserv 11.1 on a W2K client .when I try to get certain files from the novell backup tape ( aarvserv 6.xx ) , the arcserv recover job process terminates with fatal error ( it says "crashed" ). when I try a backup tape from the same time from a NT 4.0 system the backup tape works fine. I get all files . Why is it not working whith the old arcserv 6xx novell tape ? do I have to bring up a novell server to get the data ?
I see all the files in the database, but I cannot get the data to a w2k ntfs folder.

You can't restore files backed up using ARCserve for NetWare using an ARCserve for Windows installation.

Similarly you can't restore files backed up from NetWare using the NetWare agent and then restore them to a Windows system.

The data has to be restored back to a NetWare server via the NetWare Client Agent.

When this data was backed up the NetWare TSAx NLM read the data off the server and passed it on. For that reason it can only be restored back that way, restores to a Windows system can not work. This is a limitation of cross platform and not the backup application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back