Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServ and Two DLT 8000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2003
AU
Hi
Have a question relating to Compaq (HP) DLT 891 running two 8000 DLT drives and ARCServ 2000 on Win 2K.

I just can't get ARCServ to use both the tape drives when reading or writing to tape. It will only use one drive at a time. During Inventories both drives will go through and read the tapes.

Each drive is on a seperate channel.

Any ideas ???

CA don't have any info on this prob.

Has this unit ever worked properly? Sounds like it might be a hardware configuration issue or maybe just blank checkbox that needs an X in it somewhere in the software. I would suggest contacting Compaq technical support and speaking with one of their agents to help you resolve this issue. Heck, it might even be the library module itself, the drives might be fine. I'm not completely familliar with this unit, however I'm sure that the folks over at Compaq would be glad to help.
The number that I have for Compaq technical support is:
(800) 386-2172

Good Luck!

Thanks for that. The problem started occurring on the old server (this is a replacement box) the second drive stopped writting before I started here so I am half blind on this one as to a cause.

The SCSI setup seems okay but I will call Compaq.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back