Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

archiving messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxNewb

MIS
Jan 9, 2008
US
Is there a way to save or "archive" voice messages in Callpilot? On our old Octel we could "archive" them, and they stayed there for 3 or 4 weeks before we had to archive them again. Some of my users are in the habit of keepint certain voicemails for along time and have asked about this option on the new system. Let me know, thanks!

BTW, I have the "message archival capability" box checked for the mailbox class of service, but still don't know what prompt I enter from the phone itself to archive these messages..

Only thing you can do is a Full Backup, which will backup all messages

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Archiving" has two different meanings in CallPilot.
The one that you have turned on in the mailbox class is probably as close as you'll get to the Octel feature.
From the CallPilot online help:
Callpilot online help said:
Message archival
A CallPilot feature that enables mailbox owners to restore messages that have exceeded the mailbox retention period for read messages.

CallPilot automatically removes retrieved messages after a retention period defined in the mailbox class.

If message archival is enabled, CallPilot phoneset prompts identify messages that are tagged for removal as "auto-deleted". A mailbox owner can restore an auto-deleted message for another retention period.

CallPilot removes auto-deleted messages only after it has notified the mailbox owner. If the mailbox owner chooses not to restore an auto-deleted message, CallPilot removes it from the mailbox during the next nightly audit.

If message archival is disabled, CallPilot does not warn users about message removal. Mailbox owners can only restore messages that they delete manually.

Message archival is disabled by default.

Message archival is available from the regular CallPilot phoneset interface only. Mailbox owners cannot restore these messages using desktop messaging, My CallPilot, or an alternative phoneset interface.

The other kind of archiving is where you backup individual mailboxes or groups of mailboxes to tape or network.
System > Backup/Restore > Add New Backup
Choose Backup type User Archive.

YOu can choose any backup device that is configured. A network drive is easiest if you have one already configured.

You can then search for mailboxes to be archived. You could archive a group of mailboxes by department or range of numbers or whatever.

When you restore the archive you will have a choice of restoring the whole archived mailbox, or by clicking on the link, you can restore individual messages, personal distribution lists, greetings or personal verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back