Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archiving Aloha 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

westsidechef

Technical User
Jan 2, 2011
US
Hello

Ive sold my restaurant and want to archive my POS data, in case I need to do any forensic book keeping,or transfer menu items over to a new system in the future. Anyone have any tips?

TIA

All your data is stored in the aloha directoryas dated sub folders, ie: 20110801 Date, month Day.

You can zip up flles by year, backup to a thumb drive or CD.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Coorsman is correct.
However in terms of doing "Forensic book keeping", it could be difficult at a later date to view any of your sales data or other Aloha/EDC info without access to your existing system. Without your existing system and it's security key, it would be extremely difficult to access that information on your own as Aloha manager would not even startup without a "Security Key" error.

I suspect impossible unless someone else can shed some light on a solution.

Years ago, there were AKB documents that detailed how to setup what was essentially a demo version of the back office for just this purpose. However, as a tech, it was always huge pain in the ass when a sales guy would tell a customer we could set it up on his laptop so they could "take their data with them."

It's not impossible, but it's pretty close. As far as being able to transfer menu items, doing what Coorsman said will give what you need.

The HASP is only needed to run the service, FOH terminals and grind. If the dated subs are already ground then no problem. You can install Aloha on another computer and set the services to not run in install or go back and change ctlsvr to run in manual mode later. Copy the contents of the Aloha folder to the Aloha folder on the new computer. Create a shortcut to Aloha Manager on the desktop and add "/remote" to the end of the target line in properties of the shortcut. You should have no issues getting full reporting from you historical data. This is most handy for having an on the go programming laptop. If the variables are called from batch files and not the environment you can have many different installs and databases in progress on one computer with no HASP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back