Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archiving a table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny12

Programmer
Nov 2, 2007
US
This is my first Access Database. I have a table with Field names Agency Code (primary Key), Agency Name and No of employees. The Number of Employees Field will be updated every month.

So i would like to create a archive table. Every month the user before changing the number of employees Value in the form would click a button to archive the existing values in the archive table.

How do i tranfer the data from the table to the archive table every month?. please help.

Code:
Dim strSQL As String
strSQL = "INSERT INTO Your ArchiveTableName "
strSQL = strSQL & "SELECT * FROM YourInputTableName"
DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL

Probably put in the click event of a form button or wherever you initiate the process from.

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

I would add a date field to the archive table

Dim strSQL As String
strSQL = "INSERT INTO YourArchiveTableName " & _
"SELECT * FROM YourInputTableName"

CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL,,129

'Assuming you include an Archived Date field
'that should keep that date when this happend
strSQL = "UPDATE YourArchiveTableName " & _
"SET ArchivedDate=Date() " & _
"WHERE ArchivedDate Is Null;"

CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL,,129

Jerry, Than you for your help. I am getting an error in CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL,,129.

The error is "No Value given for one or more required parameters".

When i checked the Archive Table, All the entries are updated except the added DATE Field.

Please Advice,

hi JerryKlmns

THanks for helping me with the code.
But instead of the system date, i would like to get the date from the user and store it in the table. Can you please help me with this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back