Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

archive bit flipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcduncan

Technical User
Sep 29, 2010
US
I have a problem with incremental backups becoming full backups every night. I verified that the policy is correct with on full taking place through the week and an incremental the rest of the days of the week. I took a look at the servers in question and all archive bits have changed them selves to full. I have no clue as to what caused it. Does anyone have any experience in this area?

WC,

One of the things we found was our anti-virus, Sophos was modifying the files Change Journal which Commvault picks up. When we first got Sophos installed it changed the amount of data our incrementals were backing up to almost fulls everynight. There is a regedit that can be done with Sophos and Symantec according to Sophos support. Check your antivirus software company to see if it affects the archive bit or the change journal and if they have a registry chnage to prevent the modification of the change journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back