Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archive a document after the status change

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam2601

Programmer
Apr 9, 2004
US
Hi Guys,

Is there any way we can archive a document through code after the status of the document is changed to closed.And on button click they want to archive that particular document.

Any ideas!!!Thanks in Advance

The answer depends on what you call archiving. Do you mean, move the doc to an archive database, or do you mean move that particular document to optical storage ?
In one case, a Simple Action is quite enough. In the other, you'll be talking with people like Adobe (and spending thousands for the pleasure to do so).

So, what do you mean by "archiving" ?

Pascal.

A/C to the requirements what i understand is once a report is being closed they want to archive it.So i guess they just want the report to be moved to some different archive database folder or something.

Any ideas, Thanks in advance.

I would like to add that this functionality must be through Web and i did add a simple action to a View and it works fine from Notes browser can this be simulated through web.
And also not like from a view but from a document level.Like they hit a button and this should close the report and send the report to archive.

Any ideas as to how to deal this.Appreciate it.

A browser is a lot more limited in what it can do in a Domino environment.
In your case, I'd choose setting a flag on the document when it is to be archived. Said flag could remove the doc from the user view, putting it into a temp view. An agent would then be necessary to actually move the doc from the production db to the archive db.
As for the content of the agent, just have it target all docs in view and use a Simple Action : Copy Doc to Db, then add a Remove Doc action and you should be about done.
I would do it script, obviously. More control that way.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back