Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

archive a database problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald01

Technical User
Mar 1, 2011
US
after a sucessfull ld 43 datadump i cannot seem to do a sucessfull ld 143 archive. this is what im doing. #3 utilities,#2 archive database utilities, #3 archive a customer database, enter a customer name THEN COMES THE TROUBLE, WHATEVER NAME I USE THE REPONSE SAYS CUST DATABASE CREATED ERROR : THE ARCHIVE EXISTS UNABLE TO ARCHIVE I AM USING SLOT A AND I CAN DO THIS SAME PROCEDURE ON A DIFFERENT OPT 11 AT A DIFFERENT SITE (SAME CARD) AND IT WORKS FINE, ALSO LD 43 BKO DOESNT WORK THIS HAS 22-16 SOFTWARE THANKS FOR ANY HELP

How many archives do you have on the PCMCIA card?. I think you can only have 10 archives. Also the archive name can only be no more than 8 letters.

Are you able to do a XBK in LD 143 OK?. If you have a backup copy and send it to me, I can see if it loads up OK on my test system.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Your PCMCIA card shouldn't be more than 128 Megs and it's best to never format it unless you use the card programmer tool or via an old Windows 95/98 computer.

I'm lucky in that I have an old Canon camera that used the Compact Flash card and I format most of my cards when they cause problems with it.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back