Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcadyan ADSL ROUTER Modify Parameters Model VRV7006W22

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercuriotelecom

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2008
MX
We need modify ROUTER DNS parameters -- someone know how?

Is this an old router? I can't find any documentation for your ADSL router. Do you know how to login to the device? If you do, you might take a look, you might find the location where you can change the DNS addresses.

....JIM....

its new
arcadyanadsl_jvapqg.jpg

ist an arcadyan model:VRV7006AW22
Ihave the user and password to WEB ADMIN,in the menu we can see the DNS but we cant;n change IT DNS,
We want to know so if we connected via telnet or another

thanks

I see the picture you included of the bottom of the unit. It shows the user is TELMEX. Is TELMEX your ISP? It could be that this unit was manufactured for TELMEX, and that the manufacturer used custom firmware that may not let you change the DNS address. There is another way around this problem. You would need to change the DNS in each PC you connect to the router in order to use a different DNS. This can be done in Windows, even if your PCs are using DHCP for the IP addressing. The DNS setting in each PC overrides the one the router uses. So that may be another option for your situation.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Thanks Jim and I appreciate your answer is TELMEX as say my ISP Routers otors models if we can either WEB or via TELNET change or update the DNS but this does not leave us , Thanks anyway .. Have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back