Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arc2k - Multiple SCSI-Cards and Library Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

fREDHH

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
DE
Hi there . . .

I try to setup a single Win2k-SP3-Professional with 2 scsi cards and 2 Overland-Librarys.
One Scsi-Card is a Adaptec 2944 (Differencial) and the other one a Adaptec 29160 (normal ;).
The Differencial-Library is a DLT-7000 with 15 Slot, the other is a 2 x DLT-8000 with 42 Slots.

If I use the "Device Configuration"-Tool, i set everything correct - like the hardware is build and connected.
But if I start Arcserve (and the Tapeengine), everything is messed up. . . will say . . .the wrong library has both DLT-8000 Drives, one Library (42 Slot) without any Drive assigned and the DLT-7000 has nothing assigned at all.
I have redone those steps already several times . . . but i does not work . . .

What's wrong ?
fRED

Can you make sure your devices arent showing up in Device Manager under Medium Changer, if it is disable it and try rebooting the box, then reconfig. the Device.

TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back