Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARC Serve Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Apr 10, 2003
US
Hi all,
few questions.. as you might see, i'm new at this, thanks in advance.
1- how do I upgrade ARC Serve 2000 version 7, build 1100, to brighstor r 11. where do i get parts numbers, etc.
2- will brighstor need agents for SQL, Crystal Reports server, adobe server, also part numbers.
3- will brighstor work to back up SAN?

right now I'm trying to find this out since my current version above, arcserve 2k version 7 does not support Windows 3000.

THank you

When you start Arcserve r11 instllation it detect for prevoius versions like arcserve 7(2000) or arcserve 9.0 and then it start upgrading.

From my experiance the best way is to uninstall the prevoius version and start fresh installation.

2-Arcserve r11 has an agent from MS SQL, but there is no agent for Crystal Reports server & adobe server and you may backup them by using Backup agent for Open agent.

3- Yes Brighstor can backup SAN but it depend on the way you want to do the backup ,Is it througth the SAN or LAN or serverless backup.

What do you mean by part number?

Before uninstalling, DO NOT remember to backup you LOG and DATABASE directory, if you want it. When uninstalling, BAB will DELETE these without asking!!! It happened to me and I was totally suprised. And when upgrading, BAB will overwrite Brightstor.log, so that BACKUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back