Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arabic data problem in crystal report

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcode1

Programmer
Jul 13, 2012
How can I show the Arabic text from VFP table in crystal reports I normally use the FOX2X file format as the data file for crystal reports, but I have tried to show the table with arabic text in the same way in crystal, but the report is showing some other charaters

when I open the database in Crystal Reports Designer and browse, it is not showing in Arabic (but in different characters), but the same table opened in VFP shows correctly in Arabic. Please help.

This may not help and I don't have much experience with other languages, but is there a codepage setting that needs set? I know by default the codepages I view in English are 1252.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin

It is a matter of the codepage for sure, but as arabic is right to left it also is a matter of processing the data from the right and not from the left.

As Foxpro can show the data the codepage would be ok, there could still be a problem if fox uses a DOS codepage and Crystal need Windows codepages.

The version of Crystal might matter, it might also matter, if you need to set crystal report fields to display Right To Left rather than Left To Right, if they don't automatically do that triggered by the arabic codepage.

Overall it looks like a problem to solve on the Crystal side rather than on the foxpro side.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back