Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AR reports to print out in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestanli

Technical User
Nov 14, 2001
US
Has any one looked into getting the Trouble Ticket info to report to a CSV file so you have a "pretty" looking ticket?

csv pretty? I think crystal reports is prettier. but csv is good in a way that it the data can be manipulated a little easier

Hi.

Well. AR is a bit limited, but you can do a basic ticket report and select a page break between tickets and have the colums on the left side of the page.

Or what I like to do best is to export to a file and use my own delimiter instead of comma because there could be commans in a problem description. I chose a tilde ~

Then open the file in excel and it wil ask for a delimite and you can enter ~.

IMHO, you can set up quite a nice report with totals, heading and graphs in excel.

You can also turn on the record macro feature and also design a ticket layout report to help automate all of it.

You could then hang the macro on a button labled something like 'export a ticket'.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back