Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AR Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead714

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
US
Good Morning,

I have a question about ways to simplify matching. Yesterday we recieved 1300 PO's via EDI, created 1300 sales orders in Macola ES 360. We then shipped, invoiced and billed all of theose and sent 1300 invoices back to our customer, they will in turn send us an electronic version of the check with 1300 lines, which then needs to be matched in AR.

The question is, is there a way to bring this in without spending 3 hours manually matching every invoice to this check? Is there an XML import, Excel, something that will allow us to bring this in quickly and easily?

Thanks,
Bill Skadden

There is nothing currently built in but you could populate 2 tables through a SQL or an Access program and then post it normally in Macola.

The two tables are ARCSHAPL_SQL and ARCSHTRX_SQL

Kevin Scheeler

Kevin,

This is for Progression correct? I don't even see these tables in the Macola ES database.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

I don't believe there is anything that will allow you to import cashflow transactions in ES. Can you enter the one cash transaction for all of the 1300 lines, then use the 'Automatic Matching' function to apply the payment to the oldest invoices?

Peter Shirley

Don,

Good catch. I missed the ES part of the question. Yes, my answer was for Progression.

Kevin Scheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back