Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AR Balance Not Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Oct 13, 2003
US
During the process of updating cash receipt and debit memo batches, the processes were interupted due to network connection problems. As a result, some of the invoices were shown as paid but the balances were not updated. If I go back try posting the cash receive again, the balance is 0. What should I do? Please help. Thank you.

Thank you Dawn,
I did run the file ARWAR4. Rebuild Key and Short file.
The problem is still not solved. Under Customer Maintenance-Invoice tab, the invoice show that it was paid but the balance of the invoice was not 0 as it suposed to be.
I've been thinking of do a reverse entry for those cash receive and debit memos but affraid of leaving double posting in other files.
Any advise?
Darrick

Darrick, when you do a cash receipts and select an invoice the system writes an amount into the Paid Today field. In a crash such as the one you describe this field is not cleared producing the results you see now. ARWAR4 is suppose to clear this field. If it doesn't they can always use DFDM and manually clear the field which should correct your problem.

Thank you BigLouie,
I am now able to do the cash receive again for those problem accounts. However, when I print out Monthly Cash Receipts Report, the accounts show double cash receipts transactions for the same amount. How can I delete the prior cash receipts transactions?
Please help.
Darrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back