Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AR Aged Trial Balance Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didagk

Technical User
Mar 9, 2014
KE
I need to create a custom AR Aged Trial Balance Report in accpac 6.1 using Crystal reports and need to report using the optional fields
Which tables do i use ? and how do I join them ?

Thanks

The optional fields are missing on AROBLO they are on ARBLJO

So can this AROBLJO ,AROBLJ & AROBP create the AR Aged TB report

HELP!

AROBLJO? You have optionals on your detail lines? That's unusual, you must be running the Job Cost module, too. So yes, those will work.

Thanks
Are there any other tables to add?

Maybe ARCUS. But I don't have the customer's requirements in front of me. You haven't said why the stock aging doesn't work.

FWIW, you're in for a complicated bit of Crystal to do this, you have to do a left-outer join to AROBP in case there are no payments, and exclude them when they are past the cut-off date.

My advice: edit the aging report and join your optional tables to the ARAGED table. Otherwise you are in for a long journey.

MY problem is calculating the number of days due which table can i link to ?

I've built aging by job if you're interested. ddunn at silentdsoftware dot com

Here's what I do for special AR aged reports:
I run a macro to generate the aging in the ARAGED table (easy to record). I then run an SQL update query to copy the relevant data (optional field or any other field) into the SORTVALUE1 field. My macro then prints the AR aged report sorted on field 1... voila! Friggin easy as pie, no need to reinvent the wheel thingy.

I almost facepalmed myself when I saw your solution, Ettienne. However, if you are using multiple payments, the aging routine doesn't break those down, nor does it allow you do to aging by jobs. So I don't feel so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back