Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Approach 'find' command

Status
Not open for further replies.

dag1167

Technical User
Jul 19, 2007
GB
I have tried to use the FIND command to search for text in a text field without much success. Let's say that I have the word 'nitromorse' in the field. If I input in the wildcard FIND mode *n* then the record is revealed. However none of the other commands produce any results. For example if I use =nitromorse then 'no record is found' Has anyone any ideas please?
Dave

I'm guessing this might be a bit late, and I might have somewhat over-simplified your problem, but still...

Have you tried it without the '=' sign?
I can't think of why it wouldn't work with it in, as it works just fine for me. (Lotus Smartsuite Millenium Edition).

Without the equals sign it should also work if you just entered the first part of the field - eg. 'nitrom'

Also, I have assumed that 'nitromorse' is the only word in the field. If it is one of many, you would still need to use the '*' wildcard to find it, as I believe the find function looks at the field as a whole rather than it's individual components.

I read a book once called '101 Things to do in Binary'.
It was the best 5 things I ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back