Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Approach copy view 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddiepet

Technical User
Sep 18, 2007
NL
From a view in Approach I copy the data and paste the contents in notepad or Excel. Problem: the length of all the records in my Approach view is 310 characters (every record is one calculated field). Only 255 characters remain in Notepad or Excel or any other application! Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

A calculated field has a "type" determined by the fields and constants in its formula. If you only have text fields and values in there, the type will = "text". A text field has a max length of 255 characters. That is why the copy-paste only gets that much even though you can see more in the field.

To fix this, you need to add a "memo" type field to the formula. I believe that you can define a real field of type memo and add it to the formula even if it is blank. That should change the "type" and let you copy all of the text.

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back