Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appointments in Calendar an hour off

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbritton18

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2007
CA
I have a bunch of my users saying that there appointments are off an hour since the time change. I know it is due to the DST time change a couple of years ago. But I have applied those updates and patches. The appointments are still out an hour. Your help with this problem would be appreciated.

what version of office are you currently using?

i have had issues simmiliar in the past, but it was because either the computer itself was not checked to automatically adjust for the time change (computer time settings) or in outlook it was not checked (office 2007, tools, options, calendar options, time zone)

good luck

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

Everything is setup correctly in outlook. I am using office 2003 and exchange 2003. Is there something that I need to do on the server. But I have installed the patch that needed to be install on the exchange server.

Is it only recurring appointments that are out by an hour? I seem to recall and issue with recurring appointments which were made prior to the DST patch being applied. They would be out an hour from the new DST date in March until the original DST date (3 weeks). Then the appointments would be OK until the end of October and then they'd be out an hour from the original DST change date in October until the time of the new DST change date November (1 week).

The solution was to either delete and recreate the recurring appointments or manually change any affected appointments that occurred in those four weeks.

Cheers.

you may need to use the TZMOVE tool on your exchange server. Or verify your exact time zone on the PC or even exchange with TZEDIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back