Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

applysimple

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSTRTD

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
US
I have to find a "top (prompted) items per buyer"
i have to see data per buyer .I put the break by buyer also but also it doent work .
Can u help me.?

I have one filter where user has to see customer number starts from 7

I am using applsimple and apply comparison , but is giving error.

can u help me ?

start by having one filter first...
- create filter, select "set qualification"
- select metric filter
- pick the metric you want to be ranked. For example say Sales
- in function dropdown, pick rank
- for operator dropdown, pick top
- under value dropdown, pick simple prompt. walk thru the wizard.
- then click "break by", choose buyer.

now run this report first and see if the prompted top filter works. If it works, then let us know what your filter definition is for the customer that starts with 7.

Thanks nlim
but is bringing out all buyers not the buyer i am choosing from buyer prompt .If i choose top 25 , it is retriving all buyers with 25 items , But i need the buyer which i select only.

Thanks

I have another report where i have "customer number beginning with 7 will need to me excluded and totalled sepeartely beneath the report"
I am making a cutom group .
when i am using applysimple(#0='7*',attributename) it doent work

so you have filter F1 with the top 25 working?

if so, then add a filter with F2 with a specific buyer. See if that works.

for the applysimple, you need to ask your dba what the where clause should look like. For example, maybe it should be cust_id like '7*', or the where clause should be cust_id like '7&'. depends on what the db is.
then write your applysimple accordingly. check out the knowledgebase if you have access. if it is the 2nd example your applysimple should be applysimple("#0 like '7&', attributename@id)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back