Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applysimple and Carriage Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

techfest

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2004
GB
Hi

I have created an attribute which contains a customer's full address details, by using applysimple and carriage return/linefeed. When I place this on a report, it shows the information correctly in desktop, one line below the other, but in Web it does not work, just showing one long line.

For example, any ideas on how to fix the width of the column based on the position of the carriage returns?

Thanks in advance!

Can you try building a different attribute form embedding HTML tags in it? Try "<BR>".

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately I'm pretty crap at HTML. Would it be cheeky to ask where to place the <BR>s in the following statement?

ApplySimple("#0 + char(13) + char(10) + #1 + char(13) + char(10) + #2 + char(13) + char(10) + #3 + char(13) + char(10) + #4 + char(13) + char(10) + #5", [CustAddressL1], [CustAddressL2], [CustAddressL3], [CustAddressL4], [CustAddressL5], (([CustPostCode1] + " ") + [CustPostCode2]))

Thanks very much in advance!

Hi again

I've worked it out, so thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back