Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying Service Packs In Multisite Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljefe79

MIS
Jul 9, 2001
US
Hello All,

It's been a while since I was on the ball with Exchange. I've walked in to a multi-site 5.5 environment that is only on ExchSP2 and sadly cannot upgrade all servers due to space restrictions. We'll be moving to a new 2003 environment shortly and abandoning the old environment.

For short term goals I have to introduce an OWA server into the old exchange 5.5 environment and would like to install this on Win2K. According to articles, this involves upgrading the server owa install to SP3. Can anyone forsee any issues if the remaining environment is at Exchsp2? Also, what's the recommended method for deploying exchange service packs in multi-site server environments?

Any Sage advice would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Jefe

The environment is Exchange 5.5 SP2 on NT4 SP6 utilizing a hub and spoke configuration

It's almost impossible to service pack an entire large organisation overnight, so you should be able to get away with different SP levels on different servers. I'd try and keep all servers in a site at the same SP level, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back