Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying .Net Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP2 to Windows 2003 Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixx123

Technical User
Jan 10, 2011
ZA
Hi
I was looking for some guidance on how and where to download
.Net Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP2 to my Windows 2003 Server
which is currently running .net Framework Version is[blue] 2.0.50727 SP1[/blue]
for SSIS Integration Services
I also Noted that i have two different Designer versions
#1 [blue]Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer Ver 9.00.1399.00[/blue]
#2 [green]Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer Ver 9.00.4035.00[/green]
Could this be the reason why i am getting upgrade errors when trying to run a SSIS package on [blue]Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer Ver 9.00.1399.00[/blue]
[COLOR=red yellow]Thanks In Advance[/color]

You should be able to get the .Net framework from MS and yes, difference designer versions could cause 'upgrade errors'. Make sure Visual Studio/BIDS is patched up appropriately so your development environments are the same.

.Net Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2

Rhys

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it"
Terry Pratchett

Thank you Rhys !!
Much appreciated
I will have a look on MS to see where i can find the patchs
Forgive my ignorance but can you elaborate on what Visual Studio/BIDS[tab]Means?

Visual Studio is obviously the typical developer IDE, BIDS is 'Business Intelligence Development Studio' which is part of the SQL Server Client Tools install.

Long story short: BIDS allows you to undertake SSRS/SSIS type development without having Visual Studio installed.

Rhys

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it"
Terry Pratchett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back