Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying for jobs in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerpow

Technical User
Sep 13, 2001
GB
Hi, I am planning to move to the States very soon (though by application may be delayed a little after this weeks terrible incidents. God bless you all) and would like a little advise about the style of my resume and how to go about actively looking for jobs.

A copy of my resume is here if you have the time to read it and make any comments.

Also, do many companies recruite late in the year, around the holiday season? Do you always contact recruitment agancies directly or post resumes on recuitment web sites.

I am moving to Indianapolis and will have a work visa as my wife is a US citizen.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Paul,
I don't work in America, but here's one or two remarks anyway.

First, watch your spelling: "recruite" and "agancies" don't figure in an English dictionary (nor an American).

You have a MSCT certification, why hide it at the bottom of your CV. Put it in BOLD at the top.
Sell yourself...
When the recruiter reads you CV he's looking for your skills and your experience and he wants to find them quickly.
Put this information at the top in a bigger font.

Check out the web, there are sites which evaluate CV's.

Just my 2 pennies.

Cheers,
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back