Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying Changes To php.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.

burritonator

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2004
US
Hi,

I've made a couple of changes to the php.ini file on one of our servers, but when I view the phpinfo.php file for that server via a web browser, it still shows the parameters that I changed set to their old values. Is there a way to apply the changes that I made to php.ini without having to restart the server? (I've already tried restarting Apache, to no avail)

Thanks

If you're running PHP as a web server module, the changes will not take effect until you stop and restart the web server software. This does not apply to PHP when run as a CGI.

Since you've already restarted Apache, I'd check to make sure you edited the right php.ini file. Create a script on your web site that consists entirely of:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

and point your web browser at the script. Look for a line near the top that reads "Configuration File (php.ini) Path". Is this the php.ini you edited?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Apparently I was just overlooking something before. When I went back and checked the php.ini file again, the changes that I thought I had made weren't there. So, I must have either modified the wrong php.ini file, or else I forgot to save my changes. In any case, I've made the changes again, and the parameters do now show the proper values when I view the phpinfo page.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back