Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying a Credit memo or prepayment on one

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkegreer

Vendor
Mar 9, 2015
US
Hello!

I have a customer that has several different locations and each location has its own customer number. Some of there locations have credits and/or prepayment amounts and others have past due invoices. How do I apply the credits/prepayments under one customer number to the past due amounts on another customer number? I am sure there is a way to do it when making a deposit entry, but I need help.

Thank you!

Example:

Customer 123: Has a credit memo of -$40.00 and a PP amount of -$35.00

Customer 789: Has past due invoice amount of $150.00.

How to I apply/remove negative amounts from customer 123 and apply them to customer 789?

You would do a zero dollar deposit. For Customer 123 apply each to zero them out and then use a GL entry to balance. For customer 789 apply the amount to the invoice and use the same GL account that you used with customer 123 to balance. All transactions should total to zero.

Visit Sage's Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back