Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applications RDP vs ICA Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PU36

MIS
Mar 16, 2005
US
I have an application that run as expected under RDP using Remote Desktops but through the ICA client the application crashes with;

Application Error

The Instructions at "0x7c82a36b" referenced memory at "0x0043003b". The memory could not be read.

How can I fix this issue?

I'm currently running as the Local & Domain Admin just to remove permissions as an issue.

I'm currently running Windows 2003 Server SP2 and Citrix PS 4.5 with R02.

**RESOLVED**

After looking at and then realizing that you can't just go download PSE450R02W2K3028 because it is a "LIMITED EDITION" I decided to find out what API's are causing the problem.

1. Download Process Explorer from Microsoft
2. View Lower Pane ~ Dll's
3. Run your troublesome app (leave the app error open)
4. In Process Explorer highlight the App and view the Dll's
5. Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\CtxHook\AppInit_Dlls
6. Export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\CtxHook\AppInit_Dlls to your deskop
7. Delete the keys (ActiveSync, Multiple Monitor Hook, etc..) ONE AT A TIME rerunning the App each time to see if it finally opens. Once it opens you know what Key (Hook) is causing the problem.
8. Run the file you created in Step 6
9. Delete the key that you determined to bee the problem in Step 7
10. Run the app.. It should work.

Note:

* You do NOT have to logoff after each registry change since those regkeys are access on each Application Execute.
* If you have multiple servers in the farm, verify you are logged into the same server where you are running the apps and editing the registry

I hope this helps some other people who may be having the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back