Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applications open for a second then close again !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandas

MIS
Jul 18, 2002
AU
Hi.

I have Win XP Home (I know its not pro but I couldn't find an XP home forum) and I have a wierd problem.

With some of my applications, when I open them they flash up for a second and then close down again automatically and I can't get them to stay open.

The applications are completely different, are from different manufacturers, and used to work fine. The wierd thing is that it happened with the first app a few days after I installed it, and then a few weeks later, I installed a new app and it worked for a few days and then it started stuffing up too. So its not a case of me installing something that screwed them all up because they worked fine at different times and stuffed up at different times.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell it might be?

Thanks
Dandas

In all likeliehood you have have a virus. Run two of the online antivirus programs from smah's FAQ, (Trend Micro and Panda are good choices) faq760-3862

Have you purchased these applications or are they trialware which has expired?

Do a search for the applications and check any links are working correctly.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back