Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applications Freezing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2002
US
I need some help with a problem. I am running a NT 4.0 server with about 10 workstations. For some reason all the workstations are losing their network mappings. This started last Friday afternoon. It could take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes from the time the workstation logs on the network. I have re-booted the server but that didn't help. I am running a CISCO 2900 Switch & a CISCO 506e firewall.

Sometimes the server reconnects and the workstations are fine but more often than not the workstation has to be re-booted. This is happening on all workstations connected to the server even if they are working on their local drives.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have the magic fix for this problem but there are some "standard" troubles shooting options here.

How is the switch performing when you loose the connection with the server ? Are you able to ping the server from a workstation ? Are you able to access the internet ?

My initial thoughts are that this is a switch related problem and this should be investigated more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back