Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application won't display all linked records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgreer

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
US
I have a Clarion 5 application running on Windows95/98 with an odd problem that I haven't resolved. This is a simple application with 2 related tables. It's been in use for about 3 years. The parent (customer) table contains 14000 records with about 8000 related (event) records. After selecting a customer from a list table, you are presented with the customer data screen which includes an embedded browse table showing all recorded events for that particular customer - pretty straight forward.

The problem is that SOME (not all) customer records will not display the related events on the embedded event table. However, if you browse the Events table, all records including those that did not show up are there. Even if, from a Customer record, you hit insert and add a new Event, the new event record is not displayed in the table. But it is displayed if you, again, browse the entire Events table. So, the record was posted to the events table but it won't display in the embedded browse list on a Customer record.

Conversely, if you select a customer record where the related events DO display and add an event, the event DOES display as it should.

It looked like an index problem or corrupt file. So, I've run TPSFIX and reindex through TOPSCAN. I've stripped out the entire application (on a copy of course!) and let Clarion create a new application with a NEW data dictionary created with the 2 data tables. Problem remains. The affected records behave the same. The good records work fine, the bad continue to work bad.

I'm out of ideas

Sgreer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back